|Visited on Sunday 07 June 2009|
The start of this factory is written in the year 1868 under the name Commandité Jules De Cock.
Only one year later, the family Lippens became majority shareholder and changed the name to NV Sucrerie of Moerbeke.
It stayed in the hands of the Lippens family until 1982, when it was bought by the concern Finasucre.
In 2003 the factory merged with 3 other factories in Frasnes, Fontenoy and Veurne under the name Iscal Sugar.
Iscal closed it's doors in 2007 and two years later the demolition started.
This means the end of 160 year old sugar-history.
Current status: Demolished
Some old pictures:
© All Rights Reserved.