Castle TM

 


 

The history of this castle dates back to the 1500's when Charles V and Willian of Orange stayed here during the spanish war.

 

More recent changes date from the 1900's.

The castle undergoes extensive reconstruction under the orders of Baron Aloysius de Fierlant.

 

A new wing is elected and the 9 hec landscape is constructed in a very fashionable style.

New beautiful ponds and impressive pathways are created, and a hunting pavilion and vegetable garden are added to the surrounding.

 

In 1974 the park is registered as a protected  landsscape and in 2001 the castle is protected as a monument.

Sadly enough, these measures did not protect the neglect in the following years.

 

Status: Renovation started.

 


 

© All Rights Reserved.